The Science Behind Doobie Products
A lot of people are hesitant to use a new product without knowing exactly what it is. And we at Doobie Company are glad that you're asking questions. It's important to us that you understand the science that brought us to where we are. Here are some basics.
- Smoking cannabis creates a "high." This is something that is widely known by users and non-users alike. Most have been content to enjoy the effects of cannabis without knowing the scientific details behind it.
- Different strains of cannabis have different physical and psychological effects. With all of the different strains being created globally, it's hard to know, by name, what to expect. Medical cannabis patients have, at the very least, learned to base their expectations on the percentages of indica strains and sativa strains in the new hybrid strains. Obviously it goes deeper than that.
- Scientific advances have led to an even better, more specific understanding of why varying cannabis strains have varying effects on users. What truly gives these strains their unique characteristics (the nature of the physical effects, the nature of the psychological effects, the fragrances, the flavors) is the presence of difference cannabinoids, terpenoids, and flavonoids. Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) is the principal psychoactive cannabinoid component in cannabis.
- Technological advances have led to cleaner, safer THC extracts. Cannabis "honey oil" has been around since Nixon was president. Back then, the extraction process resulted in THC concentration levels (10%-15%) that would be considered laughable by today's standards. Modern extraction processes are easier to control, able to extract more types of cannabis components, and are able to extract these components more efficiently.
- Doobie Company uses high-concentration cannabis extracts in its products. The extract in The Doobie Company's products is pure, non-toxic, and extracted using environmentally safe extraction processes.